Adoption subsidy law covers all areas of adoption including State and Federal Subsidies. Adoptions in Michigan are typically handled through the county Probate and/or Family Court. Various adoption subsidies are available to families depending on the needs of the child as long as the criteria to receive the subsidy is met.
We have handled numerous cases of wrongful adoption where the adoptive parents were not informed of the child’s special needs or illnesses. As a result, the parents are left on their own to try and meet the needs of the child. Further, the parents are wrongfully deprived of adoption subsidies to help cover these expenses.
Kallman Legal Group has experience in filing the necessary actions in order to receive the subsidies for their child. You may be entitled to receive retroactive subsidy payments back to the date of the adoption.
TALENT AND EXPERTISE
- Kallman Legal Group has over 40 years of legal experience and has served the people of Michigan for three generations.
- Ensure that your case is given the time, thought, and care it deserves.
- We will take the time to explain your options and what legal remedies you may want to pursue.
- We are a family owned and operated business.
- Ingham County Circuit Court Judge James T. Kallman started practicing law in Lansing, Michigan in the 1950s and we carry on his passion for the law today.