Business law (sometimes known as commercial law) governs business and commercial transactions, business organizations (corporations, LLC’s, and partnerships), contracts, civil litigation, document preparation and review, employee/employer relations, wrongful discharge, and many other areas.
It can also be understood to regulate corporate contracts, hiring practices, and the manufacture and sales of consumer goods. Many countries have adopted civil codes that contain comprehensive statements of their commercial law. In the United States, commercial law is the province of both the United States Congress, under its power to regulate interstate commerce, and the states, under their police power. Efforts have been made to create a unified body of business law in the United States. The most successful of these attempts has resulted in the general adoption of the Uniform Commercial Code, which has been adopted in all 50 states (there can be slight variances to the code in each state).
We can help you form your new business, fight off frivolous lawsuits, provide trademark or copyright protection, draft contracts, assist in employment disputes, and handle any other business need that may arise.
TALENT AND EXPERTISE
- Kallman Legal Group has over 40 years of legal experience and has served the people of Michigan for three generations.
- Ensure that your case is given the time, thought, and care it deserves.
- We will take the time to explain your options and what legal remedies you may want to pursue.
- We are a family owned and operated business.
- Ingham County Circuit Court Judge James T. Kallman started practicing law in Lansing, Michigan in the 1950s and we carry on his passion for the law today.