Education Law covers all areas of education, including public, private, and home education.
Each state develops, maintains and operates its own school system. This field can cover many topics including constitutional law, parental rights, student’s rights, teachers, labor law, and many other topics. The primary focus at all times is on the best interests of the children and whether their educational needs are being met.
Kallman Legal Group has successfully represented clients to guarantee their rights in public, private, and home education. We have helped many parents ensure that their special needs child receives the services and care to which they are entitled. We formed and established the first charter school in Michigan, Noah Webster Academy. We were the trial attorneys in the People v DeJonge (442 Mich 266, 501 NW2d 127) case that ultimately resulted in a Michigan Supreme Court decision securing the right of parents to teach their children at home. We have been the Michigan counsel for the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) since 1983.
TALENT AND EXPERTISE
- Kallman Legal Group has over 40 years of legal experience and has served the people of Michigan for three generations.
- Ensure that your case is given the time, thought, and care it deserves.
- We will take the time to explain your options and what legal remedies you may want to pursue.
- We are a family owned and operated business.
- Ingham County Circuit Court Judge James T. Kallman started practicing law in Lansing, Michigan in the 1950s and we carry on his passion for the law today.