Religious liberty is the right to exercise your religious faith according to your beliefs. Your religious freedom is an inalienable right protected by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Whenever the government attempts to infringe or limit a person’s fundamental right to exercise their religious beliefs, the government must prove that it has a compelling interest to infringe on a person’s right, and that the government is using the least restrictive means available.
Religious liberty issues may arise when a religious institution, such as a church or religious charity, is being forced by the government to violate its beliefs. However, religious liberty issues may also arise in situations where people of faith are exercising their religious faith through their business. It is crucial that we protect everyone’s First Amendment right to exercise their religious faith in all aspects of their lives. Kallman Legal Group has the experience and knowledge to vigorously pursue a religious liberty claim.
TALENT AND EXPERTISE
- Kallman Legal Group has over 40 years of legal experience and has served the people of Michigan for three generations.
- Ensure that your case is given the time, thought, and care it deserves.
- We will take the time to explain your options and what legal remedies you may want to pursue.
- We are a family owned and operated business.
- Ingham County Circuit Court Judge James T. Kallman started practicing law in Lansing, Michigan in the 1950s and we carry on his passion for the law today.